HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
500 gr of strawberries
100 grams of sugar
240ml of cold whipping cream or whipping cream
1. The first thing we have to do is clean the fresh strawberries and then cut them in half.
2. We run the strawberries through a blender until they are fully shredded like a smoothie.
3. In a pot we heat a couple of glasses of water on medium-high heat until it comes to boiling.
4. In a heat-resistant glass bowl, add the egg yolks along with the sugar.
5. When the well water starts boiling, we lower the fire to minimum and place the bowl of yolks on top of the well. This is how we will do the mix to the bathroom mary.
6. We start whipping the yolks along with the sugar with a stick mixer until we see it changes to a color between white and yellowish, this will take us about 5 minutes. Remove the bowl and allow the mixture to simmer to room temperature.
7. Meanwhile, in another bowl we’re going to put the cream together, for this, we’ll pour the whipped cream, which should be very cold.
8. Whisk with stick mixer for 3-4 minutes until peaks form.
9. We’ll be slowly adding the whipped cream to the yolks vessel and removing with soft, surrounding motions with the help of a spatula until everything is perfectly integrated.
10. We now have the base for our ice cream, which is perfect for making homemade fruit ice creams, in this case strawberry.
11. We incorporate the strawberry milkshake we have reserved and blend gently and with surrounding motions until we get a homogeneous blend.
12. Now you just have to pour this mixture into a plastic or glass tupper, spread it well and store it in the freezer for at least 4 hours. I prefer to have it all night so it compacts much better.
13. We took the homemade strawberry ice cream out of the freezer 5 minutes before serving and let it simmer a bit, so it will be easier to form our ice cream balls. Good use!! · ·